As far as convenience is concerned, there is no doubt that plastic bags are the ones you need to choose. But that’s just not it, a price has to be made, which sadly is being paid by our environment.
It has been estimated that more than 10 million plastic bags are used every minute across the globe. Now you must be thinking does that number justifies the ban of poly bags? Well, it does, and we are about to tell you how.
- It doesn’t matter where you live, look around and you will notice that plastic bags are the most common litter. Clogged in pipes, can be found in the ocean, surrounding garbage bins, tangled in trees and even animals…….
- Over the past decade, we have seen that plastic bags are causing so much damage. Take urban areas, for instance, plastic bags have been found clogged in sewage pipes; the result; streets getting waterlogged.
- These bags are made from non-renewable resources; which means they can take up to 1000 years to decompose completely.
- Ocean life is said to be in a grave danger all because of plastic bags. This is one of the major issues that we’ve got to resolve because sea creatures don’t have to pay for our mistakes.
- Talking about facts, you’d be surprised to know that nearly 20 years ago, a dead pelican was found with its stomach filled with over 17 plastic bags.
We think these reasons are enough to justify the ban on plastic bags. But, that’s not it, we’d like you to maintain a safe distance from using poly bags; instead of that, you can use jute and paper bags.
Leave a Reply